Open MDF File
MDF file extension is used by many different application including the following (listed in the order of likelihood):
- Master Database File of Microsoft SQL server. These files are contain similar data to ones with file extension File extension DB. In this case you can open MDF files using Microsoft SQL Server. ;
- Optical disk CD/DVD image created by Alcohol 120%. Optical media images contain comprehensive information about data recorded on the disk and physical aspects of this recording. This allows accurate replication of this data by either writing it to another disk or mounting it as a virtual disk;
- Menu Definition File. These files contain information about order and layout of items in program menus;
- Molecular Data File; created by Insight II application;
It's important to use correct application when opening MDF files. Application mistmatch will likely result in error.
Open MDF File on Windows OS
- Find a MDF file in question in Windows File Explorer and double click on it.
- If a file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the MDF file in question.
- If you know the application which can open MDF file then run it and see if there is a File->Open option in the application main menu.
- If you don't know the application which can open MDF file then try to search for "MDF wiki", "application to open MDF file" or "MDF file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open MDF file
Rate this page: 5/5 based on 29 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open MDF files, file extension mdf and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...